Thursday, February 10, 2011

An open letter to my future husband-

Best Blogger Tips
So, I was rummaging through some old documents today and came across a letter I wrote to my future husband (I believe I wrote this my senior year in Highschool). I debated for a couple of days, whether or not to post this because it is a bit personal...but figured it might be a bit of an encouragement to friends and such around this Valentines Day season. Anyways, enjoy!   


Dear you,

Despite the fact that your face is still unknown I want you to know that I love and respect you deeply. I always have and I always will.

I will be your biggest cheerleader with every single dream you have. When times are good, I will take sheer pride and absolute joy in your success and triumphs. However, when times are bad, I’ll still be right by your side. You better believe I’m always going to be your number one fan – small failures won’t change that. If you need a helper, I’m on it in 3.2 seconds, Cap’n! If you need comforting, I’ll lovingly wrap my arms around you and trace your cheeks with kisses. If you need me to shut up, sit down and stop tracing your cheeks with kisses…I suppose I can do that too. But, you better ask nicely Mr.

I’ll be your best friend, your companion, your partner in crime. I’ll be the girl you can take home to your momma, the girl who can hold her own with you and the guys, but the girl who will be alllll yours when you’re feeling a tad selfish. I’m the kinda girl who likes to wear sweat-pants, snuggle up next to you on the couch and have a conversation about Legos. However, I’m also the kind of girl who likes to slip into a sexy little dress, sprits on a little vanilla smelling perfume and be taken out dancing. Oh gosh, I hope you like dancing.

As for you, I think about you a lot. I find myself thinking about how you might be chosing to live your life. How do you spend your free afternoons? Do people respect you? Are you a man of your word? Even though we may not yet know one another, it matters to me how you're living your life now. Because, how your living your life currently, determines the kind of man you’re turning into and the kind of man I'll be married to for the rest of my life.

I don’t want to spend too much time elaborating, but just know that I hold you in such a high regard. I’m saving a lot of things for you- not simply because it’s my religion, not because I’m a goodie-two-shoes, not because I haven’t had a plethora of opportunities…but because I deeply respect you and my future family. I can only imagine you’d want the absolute best from me and I want to be able to give the best to you…now respect me enough to do the same. Be the man worthy to hold my heart- I’m absolutely worth it, I promise you.

I can forgive whatever mistakes you have made in the past- I've made plenty myself. I’m not worried about what happened or what you’ve done- but, what I am interested in is your future, starting right now. Be my leader, guard my heart, protect me...I believe in you and I simply cannot wait to meet you.



Love, 
Me

8 comments:

  1. Instead of paying attention in class, i'm reading your blogs. This piece is amazing! if you ever write a book, i would be the first to buy one. Not very many people think the way you do and it's so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. what a compliment! Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't expecting tears to come to my eyes while browsing the page from a woman at my school whom I've never met. Thank you for daring to post this. I pray there are others of this mind, and Lord willing He will lead one my way!
    Blessings, sister. Thanks for the hope of forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my dear - this ain't yours!!! i've read this open letter so many times, and its funny you're claiming it as something you wrote! hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the comments!

    To the person who commented on March 31st- there are more people of this mind and there is always forgiveness.

    To the person who commented on May 30th. Wow, it really hurts me to think that you think I took this letter from someone else and claimed it as my own. If I remember correctly, when I wrote this, I had just read an online open letter a woman had wrote to her future husband and used it as inspiration to write mine. HOWEVER, all of those words are mine. Anything I publish on here is mine and I would never take someone elses heart-song and claim it as my own. I encourage you to find the open letter you've read that you think I've coppied...and pass it along.

    Thanks again for everyones comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely beautiful. It'll bring tears to the his eyes and a truly genuine smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marin,
    Thank you. I'm so glad that you think so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @anonymous May 30 commenter

    I can't imagine why you would take the time to leave a comment like that, and not take the time to at least google a few of the key sentences to see that they are not copied from any other source.

    Sure they may be others like it. but this one is hers, and no one elses. You have NOT read this before now, and I doubt even read this one.

    Please take more time in the future before leaving incorrect and hurtful comments. then the world will be a better place for you and all of us.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends! Share some thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...