Friday, February 4, 2011

Dreams- A short story

Best Blogger Tips
Hey guys!

It's a rather strange Friday. It's a Friday that feels like a Wednesday- but, believe me, I'm not complaining...it's simply an observation. heh.

So, today I've been thinking about the concept of "dreams", "hopes", "wishes"- call them what you like. Those general inspiring thoughts that give you reasons to get up in the morning. You know, those things. (What are your secret dreams/hopes/wishes?) Anyways- so I wrote a short story for you...simply because I can. Here's the beginning part, I'll continue it when I have an ounce more of time.

Toodles!



I raised my clenched fist to the weathered door. My heart was pounding at such a high decibel that it droned out the few reverberating thoughts I had skipping about my skull. I was scared, nervous… but anxiously anticipating what I would find. Slowly I began to tap on the large door. *rattatattat* My knuckles grazed the sunken-grain and small splinters of wood chipped off and feel round’ my toes.

Instead of hearing the old familiar “creak” of the door being thrown open, I was greeted by: deafening silence. No one came to answer, no one acknowledged my knocking...I was...alone. However, Instead of turning to leave, I raised my fist again and increased the force of my pounding. *Bang * *Bang* *Bang* “I know you’re in there!” I felt myself shout. “I know you’re in there, please, please come out!” *Pound* *Pound* *Pound* I dropped my hand and quickly placed my ear up against the rough wood. It prickled my ear-lobe, but I didn’t care, I was too intent on straining to hear a scrap of welcoming noise…

“Excuse me, sonny.” A raspy voice greeted my available ear. My neck snapped around to face the mouth from which came the uninvited salutation. He was a small, elderly man, about 5’4 with a long braded beard that slung carelessly over his left shoulder. He smelled of sassafras roots and clasped an expertly whittled walking stick, much larger than himself. “Yes?” I replied curiously. “I don’t...well...I don't think you’ll find them here.” He said using his wrinkled finger to motion towards the bleak distance. “They’ve gone on..."


To be continued! Come back tomorrow for more! :)

2 comments:

Hey friends! Share some thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...