Friday, November 11, 2011

First Aid Kit

Best Blogger Tips
Most of you don't know I have a slight obsession with NPR.

Well, I guess now you do...
Shoot, I'm giving away all my quirky secrets.

One of the reasons I love NPR is because I'm introduced to a plethora of musical genres and artists I don't think I'd normally stumble across. Meet my newest Swedish folk-duo love; First Aid Kit.


These lovely sisters; Johanna (21) and Klara (18) Soderberg were discovered on the internet in 2008 when they preformed a cover of "Tiger Mountain Peasant Song" by the Fleet Foxes (a well known Folk band). Not soon after, their musical career was launched...and they've been gaining popularity ever since. (Watch, in a couple months to a year, I bet you'll hear them on some popular channels etc.)

Here's the cover that launched their career:


Sisters always have the best harmony. :)
This is the first song I heard from them on NPR. I wrote the name of their band on the back of a Taco Bell receipt so I could look them up after work that day...so glad I did.



I wish them the very best and can't wait to hear more on their Sophomore LP, which is out January 24th.

What do you guys think of them? 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey friends! Share some thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...