Monday, June 6, 2011

Backpack backpack! Check out my creation! :)

Best Blogger Tips
So, tonight I was feeling a bit crafty.

Over the course of this week of packing, I realized I needed an extra bag/backpack to take to California. Being the thrifty gal that I am...I first scoured my moms closet. Heh.

I happened to come across a very old, tan, leather backpack my mom had when she was in her twenties... living in California. It only seemed fitting that I take it out of the closet, give it new life and take it back to its "mother-land" with me.  



This is the backpack BEFORE. 
Notice all of the water-stains along the bottom. I liked the tan color...but I thought a darker stain would be more "me" and help hide some of the stains :) 



Mid Stain: 
(A special shout out to Shelli for helping me!) 


 Almost done!! 



 FINAL product!! I added a few feathers just for fun. 
It's going to be a perfect backpack to take to bookstores and stuffs. 





I challenge you all to take something old...and make it "new" this week :)

1 comment:

  1. Good work. I love this sort of project.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friends! Share some thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...