Sunday, September 1, 2013

Insomnia

Best Blogger Tips
It's 3am, and I can't sleep. (Isn't that a song title?)

To be honest, I've been having fitful sleep for the past couple of weeks, but especially these past three nights. It started out a couple weeks ago with being jolted awake a dozen or so times by the same dream over and over for several days. I'll be riding my motorcycle along a deserted street, and then out of nowhere, a truck, or a car will pull out in front of me. Or, they will drive straight towards me in my lane...I cannot swerve out of the way, and at the point of impact, I'm jolted awake.

I haven't told anybody this, because frankly, it's awful. And, I didn't want to cause my poor mother any more cause for concern. Needless to say, these days I ride especially carefully.

In addition to this, recently I've been having a few health problems and have been in to see the doctor more times than I would like. I think my medication, combined with stress, might be playing into my insomnia as well.

My brain doesn't FEEL tired, in fact, the opposite. As I sit here typing, it's roaring 200mph and is practically ready to run a marathon. However, my body is saying the stark opposite. One look at me, and you know that I don't look the best right now. My eyes are shadowed by giant dark circles and I walk with a slow meander, instead of my fast trot I'm known for. I'm exhausted...but sleep eludes me. Tonight, before I decided to get up and write, I was laying in bed thinking about quite a few things:

  •  To live life alone, without knowing that someone cares about you and your existence...what a dark world that would be.
  • I don't talk to God anymore. I don't feel God anymore. Have I ever?
  • When I'm tired, the slightest things make me cry.
  • My apartment is bloody hot
I don't have anything remarkable to say tonight. I don't even have fluffy adjectives to spice up this dullness. I simply have these honest sleepy rambles.

Good morning to my family on the East coast, and to my friends on the West coast, I hope you're sleeping soundly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey friends! Share some thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...