Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Spark Beneath The Ash

Best Blogger Tips
Admittedly, when I first met you, I was afraid of you.
For, your heart was shadowed, and your hands had seen the blood of men.
Your eyes showed glazed with worry, and your face, greatly creased by a weathered story. Your spirit-flame was seemingly squelched – and long buried deep by mourning ash.

Yet, even so, beneath the ash and distant facade, I mustered courage to probe within your darkness. And, as I sought, I noticed the unnoticeable spark; the hope-spark which flickered and whimpered dimly in the night: “Breathe into me? Breathe into me, my love?” “Breathe into me? Breathe into me, my love?” 

Troubled, I knelt to answer its’ whispered cry:

I love you... 
I love you... 
I love you... 
I love you, I do.

As I silently spoke, the spark warmed orange, then to a red...and soon, it grew larger with heat.

And as it grew, I feared you no more...
For, where light reflects, shadows can no longer war.



 - Christi Helen, 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey friends! Share some thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...