Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Why I'm excited for work every morning...

Best Blogger Tips
I don't exactly know what to write about today.

I guess I'll start with, "Holy mother of awesome pants! I love my job!!" (Yes, awesome pants)
By now, I'm sure most (if not all) of you know I work for JCTV - we're a Christian Youth/Young Adult television Network based out of Tustin, CA.

It actually has been slightly frustrating these past months of working - until yesterday.
You see, up until yesterday, I wasn't fully sure what my job actually entailed. Sometimes I programmed the music videos, sometimes I wrote short scripts, sometimes I organized tapes....

It was mostly frustrating because I've been having to ask over and over; "Uh...ok, what can I do next?" Now I understand that this is completely normal for when starting a new job, but I wasn't even sure how much liberty I had to say, "So, I see a potential area for growth here...can I step in and improve the workflow in this area?" Etc.

So, yesterday we had an all JCTV meeting that took nearly 4 hours. You'd think we would have left feeling completely exhausted... but the truth is, we left (or at least I left) feeling completely liberated and excited for the future of JCTV. 


I have CONSTANTLY changed my answer to the question; "What do you want to do with your life?" "What is your dream job?" I've said "You know, I would really like to be a traveling blogger and go ALL over." I've also semi-jokingly said..."You know, I just want to do Facebook for a job!" I've told my family "I wish I could go back to school to learn web-design, because I would really like to do that!" I've also thought I could have a job in Public Relations planning large-scale publicity events for corporations. I've wanted to produce various entertaining short films and stirring documentaries that expose social injustices (Slave trade in Sudan or even sex trafficking of minors).

So, back to what I was saying before...

I'm completely liberated and excited for the future of JCTV. The meeting yesterday went incredibly well. A fellow employee was promoted to the new job position of "Office Manager" and I...for the first time...found out exactly what my job entails. I from here on out, am in charge of all social media aspects of JCTV (Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, blogging, the website upkeep...etc) I also have been given the title "official vlogger of JCTV" (HA!)- which means you'll be seeing a lot of short vlogs/videos on the facebook page which include my talking head and animated hand-motions. I also am in charge of helping write/produce and create promotional pieces/commercials for JCTV...and I may be invited to travel all over the country with other fellow JCTV staff members to promote our Network at festivals and document/film and edit our travels for "behind the scenes" videos to be posted on Facebook. And, who knows...in the future, once we start expanding our programming, I may be invited to travel all over the WORLD, helping out with future reality/documentary programming we're starting to develop.


All in all...on the drive home from work today I was thinking "Holy cow." "Hoooly cow." "Everything I have EVER wanted to do...I'm doing it. Or...I will be doing it."

I am so happy and thank Jesus for the opportunity to do everything that I absolutely love to do and to be working in such an uplifting environment. What a blessing.

Keep your eyes peeled on the Facebook page  for a fun video documenting our  trip up to Northern California for Joshua Festival Sep 2,3 and 4th!

"Us" being myself:


DJ Drue Mitchell ( My awesome fellow employee and the music expert behind JCTV):


annddd, finally our fearless leader and Office Manager, Stephanie:


We will be camping and I will be documenting/vlogging the whole experience. I really hope there are showers....If not, I will not be a happy camper.


If you're unsure of what JCTV is and want more information, I would be glad to supply it. I am so happy to be working for this television network at this time. The potential for growth and development is astronomical...I truly believe in 5 or so years, JCTV will be well on its way to becoming a household name (among Christians and non-Christians) all over the world.

Love you friends,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey friends! Share some thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...